Food Managers Certification Course
Why Take Our Course?
- Section 12-201.11(A)(1) of the Wisconsin Food Code requires that the operator or manager of a restaurant that is new or has changed hands shall become certified in safe food handling practices within 90 days after opening.
- Our instructors are approved by, and our course administered by, National Registry of Food Safety Professionals which has been approved by the HFS (Health and Family Services) Department.
- We provide the most widely offered course in the state with convenient dates and locations.
- We offer Wisconsin’s most popular state approved certified food course.
- Nearly 23,500 participants have successfully completed our course.
- Test results received by mail in two to three weeks.
- The use of Electronic Devices, Recording Devices or Cell Phones is prohibited during the course.
View Schedule of Classes Courses run as low as $95 for TLW members and $125 for non-members
Our Professional Food Manager's Certification Course is available with an option to audit. What does this mean to you? Auditing the course means that you and your employees can now benefit from professional training in "safe food handling practices" at a more affordable rate. For those who choose to audit, they can participate fully in the course lecture and discussion with the use of a loaner book. At the end of the class, the auditing participant will not be required to take the examination. Auditing the course will not provide certification but is offered as a means to provide affordable education and training. The Course Audit option is $35 for TLW members and $50 for non-members
Original Course Details
- Complete course and exam materials are included in course fee.
- All classes begin at 9 AM sharp (walk-in registration begins at 8:30 AM), and run to approx. 3:00 PM.- Except where noted on schedule.
- Exam is given around noon - 2 PM. (You are allowed two hours to complete the exam.)
- Photo ID required to take the exam - this is mandatory!!
- Bring a #2 pencil and a highlighter.
- Lunch is available on location (cost not included in fee).
- Confirmations will be sent out. Call us at 1-800-445-9221 for verification.