March 19, 2020
A note to those looking for financial assistance
during these difficult times. If your employer must shut down operations and no
work is available, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits if you meet
certain criteria. In addition, individuals who have tested positive for
COVID-19, are showing symptoms for COVID-19, or has been quarantined by a
medical professional may be available for temporary assistance.
Apply for benefits here.
- Answers to commonly asked UC questions related to COVID-19 can be found here.
- File your weekly claim here.
- The DWD Handbook for claimants can be found here.
- For help using online services or if you are unable to go online call toll-free (844) 910-3661 between 7:35 AM and 3:30 PM on Monday thru Friday.
Employers with questions?
- The DWD Handbook for employers can be found here.
- Employers, click here for a list of phone numbers for specific employer assistance.
As of March 18, 2020, Governor Tony Evers has waived work search requirements for those applying for unemployment insurance during the pandemic. Governor Evers has also asked the state legislature to repeal the one-week waiting period.